In recent times it has been made well-known how good lemon water really is for you. Even if you were never aware of the actual health benefits of it you most likely knew it was somewhat healthy – hey it’s fruity water after all. Many years ago I made lemon water a real habit. I drank warm lemon water every morning, and chilled in the afternoon right out of my pitcher from the fridge. When I first heard about it’s amazing effects on your ph level in your body, I was hooked instantly and I loved how I felt. I was always energized, and my digestive system felt wonderful. Then, somehow, little by little I sneaked coffee back into my morning routine and it didn’t take long until all of my lemon water ritual was replaced by my daily cup pf Joe(s). Even though I was fully aware how much better I felt incorporating lemon water into my daily routine I let this wonderful habit slip. Something is working great, it makes you feel great and then we let it stop. Why does this happen to us most of the time?
I recently started picking up my lemon water routine again and let me tell you, it feels amazing. You really start feeling the full effect on day 5. I was not trying to be too strict on myself this time around. Coffee has a real grip of me right now, and I know that I would sabotage all my lemon water efforts if I restrict coffee altogether. Talk about the power of choices! Once you have a choice it’s amazing how less tempting the not-so good stuff gets.
Drinking lemon water warm first thing in the morning really brings out all these great benefits in full swing. It helps you flush out toxins from your system efficiently, curbs cravings, gives you good energy and leaves your breath super-duper fresh! Always make sure you don’t brush your teeth right before or after drinking fresh lemon juice. The acid in the lemons can ruin the enamel of your teeth. I always rinse my mouth with water after drinking lemon water.
Here are some of the most important finds about lemon water:
- great immune booster! Lemons contain huge amounts of Vitamin C, which is essential for a healthy immunity
- excellent source of potassium, this makes lemon water very heart healthy and a great source for energy levels
- fresh lemons,especially the skin of the lemons are a great cancer fighter. The acid in the lemons neutralizes the acid in your digestive system, therefore preventing inflammation. heartburn and bloating and easing digestion. Keeping body acids low has shown to prevent several forms of cancer.
- Most people think that the acids in lemons are highly acidic, when actually the opposite is true. Lemons are great alkalizers, meaning, they help neutralize body acids.
- a great cleanser. Fresh lemon water helps to eliminate waste and toxins from your system, which is also useful when it comes to infections such as UTIs.
- keeps your skin glowing and blemish-free. The antioxidants in lemons help to ward off premature aging and the acids found in lemons help stimulating collagen and elastin ( nice side-effect, right?)
- The antibacterial effects of lemons make then a great choice for sore throats. hot lemon with raw honey is a common remedy for coughs, sore throats and colds.
- Lemon juice is antiviral
- Lemons and limes contain high amounts of Bioflavonoids, Magnesium, Calcium and traces of the important mineral Copper
- you can use lemon juice to highlight strands of your hair, without the toxic effects of bleach
- curbs cravings and might help to speed metabolism
- lemon water can help joint and muscle pain
- helps regulate blood pressure
- Lemon Water is excellent for hydration due ti its mineral content
So, Cheers to your health with a fresh glass of lemon water!