As a runner I know how long training runs can take a toll on your body. Muscle pain and soreness, overused tendons, “Runner’s Knee” and IT Band Injury are just some of the issues we face when we add more tempo runs or more mileage to our weekly running schedule. This amazing list of potent essential oils for runners will guide you how to incorporate pure and potent essential oils into your training and recovery.
Athletes can combine sound principles of sports medicine (icing, heating etc) with other natural remedies to increase the body’s recovery time.
In addition to regular sports medicine there are also oils specifically known to support connective issues, to reduce inflammation, to support cellular regeneration for faster recovery.
Here is a list of the most potent essentials oils for your running routine:
- Sniff Peppermint or an invigorating blend (such as Motivation) before your workout to give you a boost of energy, mood and reduce feelings of fatigue. Every time I’m teaching a doTERRA class, and I’m handing out these two oils, people are saying these two oils are the most invigorating scents they have ever smelled. I have to agree with that. doTERRA’s peppermint oil is the most gentle way for your system to wake-up and have an energy boost. Safe and non-toxic. No fillers or fragrances. Just the way I like it. That’s why they work so well.
- Add 2 drops of lemon or metabolic blend to your water to keep you hydrated. By the way this also makes the best tasting lemon water! It’s hard to drink any other lemon flavor after you tried this pure lemon wonder. High in antioxidants.
- Once you try the DEEP Blue Series by doTERRA I can almost guarantee you will be absolutely amazed how well and effective this line works. After your workout to fight inflammation and muscle pain, apply Deep Blue Run, Deep Blue Blend, Frankincense and you can take 1-2 capsules a day of Soothing Blend for intense natural pain-relief without harsh side-effects. Mix together 30 drops of Deep Blue Blend together with 25 drops of Frankincense in a 10 ml roller bottle, fill the rest with fractionated coconut oil and shake to blend. Apply to affected area where needed. A must for every athlete!!
- Staying cool while working out in the Summer when it’s hot outside:Place peppermint in a spritzer bottle with water and spray back of neck. Super duper cooling! Amazing to fight heat exhaustion, heat stroke or feeling of overheated. I live and run in South Florida and love the cooling effect of this spray!
- Oxygen Update: Place a few drops of peppermint or metabolic blend in water and sip/drink. Swipe a few drops of Frankincense or Breathe under nose. A beautiful pick-me up!
- After Sports Bath. Super duper soothing!!! 3 drops of lavender, 2 drops of Roman Chamomile, 2 drops of Marjoram, 1 drop of Helichrysum, 2 cups of Epsom Salt. Stir oils with salts before dissolving in bath water, soak for 12-20 minutes. Your overworked, achy body will feel amazing!
- Shin Splints and Runner’s Knee remedies: In a 10 ml roller bottle, combine fractionated coconut oil and add 45 drops of lemongrass and 30 drops of Marjoram and apply roller to area as needed. In addition you can layer Deep Blue Blend and Deep Blue Rub of this oil recipe to intensify the oils healing properties.
- After a day of intense training it is also beneficial to diffuse lavender and wild orange in your bed room to a restful sleep.
I hope you will find a way to empower your health and wellness with pure essential oils by doTERRA .
If you would like to get these oils into your home, message or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for details. I’m happy to answer all the questions you have regarding essential oils.
If you are ready to jump in and even make use of our amazing monthly promo, start your enrollment by clicking my doTERRA link :
• Click “Join and Save” at the top of the page
• Choose Wholesale Customer
• Complete the enrollment process (enter my number 4788214 if it doesn’t populate)
• Choose your starter kit
• Enter your cc and check out!
Email me after you enrolled so I can send you a personal thank-you package!!
Once you will be enrolled you can join our free doTERRA community Facebook Group, where thousands of people post questions and answers about doTERRA essential oils. It’s a great way to see how other people use their oils on every day basis and how they are improving their lives and health with essential oils.