These cupcakes are just as easy to make as their regular counterparts, but at least just as yummy and tasty, but oh so much easier on your digestive system and overall well being.
This gluten-free cupcake recipe is making your cupcakes extra fluffy and thanks for to the almond meal, extra moist.
Another plus is that the protein in the almond meal makes you feel full and satisfied faster than regular wheat flour. The coconut oil I used has that same effect.
Did you notice that it’s hard to overeat on coconut oil containing baked goods, no matter how yummy they taste.
The coconut oil allows to use less sugar in the recipe as well.
As almost everyone else I love a nice rich buttery frosting on my cupcake. For my husband’s birthday this week however, we all voted for chocolate icing. Yeah!! Nice and rich. The only chocolate icing that came to my mind for nice and rich was Chocolate Ganache.
Oh My! Heaven on Earth!
After you tried these gluten free and vegan Cupcakes with Chocolate Ganache I’m sure you will agree.
Here is what you need:
1/2cup Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
1 cup Almond Flour
1 cup Gluten-Free Pastry Flour
4 Flax Eggs or (4 Eggs if you want to make them non-vegan)
3/4 cup organic Cane Sugar
1/2 tsp Baking Powder, I prefer non-aluminum
1/4 tsp Baking Soda,
3/4 cup Almond Milk, I prefer Vanilla
12 oz Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 tbsp Coconut Oil
optional: Sprinkles prefer natural food color sprinkles like India Tree
Here is how it goes:
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- line a cupcake sheet with parchment cupcake liners, set aside
- in a bowl, with a hand mixer, mix coconut oil, eggs until creamy, add eggs and keep mixing
- add all remaining dry ingredients to oil mixture and mix until well blended
- place a spoon full of batter into each cupcake liner
- bake 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden brown or an inserted wooden stick comes out clean
- let cool
For the Chocolate Ganache:
- in a saucepan add chocolate chips and a teaspoon of coconut oil
- let chocolate and coconut oil on extremely low heat (you can also do this in the microwave, but I prefer the stove top)
- keep whisking until melted and smooth
- place in fridge for a few minutes until ganache slightly firms
- when ganache is slightly firmer and more spreadable apply it to the cupcakes, either with a frosting spreader or with a pastry bag
- if you want, add some sprinkles!
Tip: I store my cupcakes in a glass container inside the fridge with a lid. The lid keeps the cupcakes fresh without taking on the taste of the other food.