Gluten-Free Pancakes with Caramelized Pears
This is a wonderful gluten-free Pancake recipe, and the best tasting gluten-free one I know. These gluten-free pancakes taste perfectly fluffy and soft and replace the need for any boxed pancake mix. Gluten-free ready made pancake mixes tend to be on the more costly side, but I find if you premix the dry ingredients and store them in an airtight container that it can cut the costs for expensive pre-made mixes and you actually always have ready made pancake on hand ( it’s actually an old trick I learned from Nigella Lawson’s first TV shows). I find these pancakes taste even better than regular ones. My kids love them, and I sometimes add chocolate chips into the batter for them.
I often serve pancakes with a side of fruit, just for extra nutrition. The caramelized pears are different from the usual fresh fruit I serve them with, but perfectly compliment the buttery light softness of the pancakes. Yum!
1 1/2 cups white rice flour
1/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/4 cup cane sugar
1/2 teaspoon xantham gum
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups Almond Milk
2 tablespoons Coconut Oil or unsalted butter, softened
Coconut Oil or Unsalted Butter for Skillet
2 pears, diced
1 teaspoon of coconut oil or butter
1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
dash of cinnamon
- mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl
- add eggs and almond milk and oil or butter and mix until well combines
- in a skillet melt coconut oil or butter and add batter for one pancake
- cook on one side until edges become golden brown then flip pancake and cook on the other side for another 3 minutes.
- in a skillet heat coconut oil or butter
- add diced pears and sautee for about 2 minutes
- add Maple syrup and cinnamon
- sautee for another minute or two, top pancakes with pears and serve
Now Let’s Party! I’m so happy that Angela from Marathons and Motivations asked me to be her co-host for the Sunday Fitness and Food Link-Up. This Link-Up Party will go live every Sunday Morning 6 am and will stay open until the following Saturday. Feel free to link-up any food or fitness related post directly from your blog. Up to 3 posts per blogger. Don’t forget to follow your hosts on Social Media and link-back to them. Visit two other blogs and leave them a supportive comment. Spread the Love!