Blueberry cake is just a great classic!
This gluten-free blueberry cake is a great light cake that is as perfect for a morning brunch as it is for the afternoon as a snack, with a cup of tea.
I’m always adding fresh blueberries. I like when you can taste the bursting fresh blueberry flavor. Plus the extra amount of nutrients they provide.
I prefer fresh blueberries, but you can certainly use frozen blueberries as well. Do not thaw them, it would make your gluten-free blueberry cake soggy.
Another great thing about this cake is that you only need one bowl. That’s always a winning point for me! The less dishes to clean up after the better…!
I’m a mom…everything needs to go fast for me these days:):)
I personally love baking with coconut oil. I love all the healthy benefits that come with it, but you can substitute the amount of coconut oil with unsalted butter if you like.
Tip: When using coconut oil make sure it’s not too melted. It should have a firm room temperature texture. I used almond milk for this gluten-free blueberry cake, but you can use any milk of your choice!
Here is what you need:
2 cups Gluten-Free Pastry Flour
1 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
3/4 cup Organic Cane Sugar
3/4 cup Almond Milk
2 tsp Vanilla
2 tsp Baking Powder (I like the non-aluminum kind)
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
pinch of Sea Salt
2 cups fresh Blueberries
Coconut Oil Cooking Spray
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- spray a 9×9 inch cake form with coconut oil or butter oil
- in a bowl add all the dry ingredients, gluten-free flour, cane sugar, baking powder and baking soda
- blend lightly
- then add all the wet ingredients, coconut oil, almond milk, vanilla and eggs
- with an electric mixer blend until well combined, but do not over mix for too long!
- add blueberries, and with a spatula slowly work them into the batter
- add batter into the well greased 9×9 inch form and bake for 45 – 50 minutes or until inserted wooden stick comes out clean
- let cool
Note: This cakes freezes very well, and the recipe can easily turned into gluten-free blueberry muffins! It also tastes fabulous topped with apple butter or blueberry preserves! Yum!