This gluten-free blackberry cobbler is a great sweet and sour dessert for Summer!
Berry Cobblers are always favorite dessert for any occasion. I have made this gluten-free blackberry cobbler a few times in the past weeks and it sure never lasts long in our house. The best part about cobblers is the the crumb topping, of course.
You have a win win with this gluten-free blackberry cobbler recipe. Crumb on the top and bottom with a sweet sour berry filling in the middle. It doesn’t get better than that!
Sweet and sour is a great flavor combination for delicious Summer desserts. The tangy taste of the berries is very refreshing. I added some blueberries to this recipe, as well. Blueberries and blackberries really compliment each other in this recipe.
This blackberry cobbler is gluten-free, very light in taste and texture. It’s quick and easy to prepare and a great bring-along for Summer Parties.
Crumble Topping and Bottom:
3 cups gluten-free Pastry Flour
3/4 cup Butter, soft and unsalted
3/4 cup Cane Sugar
1/8 tsp Sea Salt
1 teaspoon Baking Powder
3 large Eggs, room temperature
2 cups fresh Blackberries
1 cup fresh Blueberries
1 tbsp Corn Starch
1 tsp Lemon Juice
3/4 Cane Sugar
optional: dash of Cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a baking dish with some butter
- in a bowl add all ingredients for the batter and blend them together slowly and carefully. The texture of the batter is slightly crumbly.
- add one half of the batter to the baking dish and lightly cover the entire dish. Set aside.
- wash and rinse berries
- add berries to a bowl, add lemon juice and corn starch. Mix well.
- add berry mixture to baking dish and spread it evenly over batter
- add second half of the batter and crumble over berry mixture.
- bake for about 35 minutes or until golden brown
- Let it cool off before serving.
This gluten-free blackberry cobbler tastes great when slightly warm!