I ‘m definitely one of those souls who cannot go without anything chocolate for more than a day or two. Thank Goodness Chocolate treats don’t have to be unhealthy anymore, and quality cocoa and cacao is actually good for you. Another happy and healthy reason to go for some chocolate!Grain-free flourless chocolate cake is another great healthy recipe for healthy chocolate indulgence!
This gluten-free flourless chocolate cake is made with almond meal and coconut oil, which both keep this cake really moist. You can bake it 4 days ahead and it will not dry out. I like storing my gluten-free bakes goods in a sealed glass container. This really seals in the moisture and prevents any gluten-free cakes from getting stale or dry.
This flourless chocolate cake is gluten-free, paleo-friendly, super delicate and chocolatey smooth! Dairy and refined sugar free!
For this Flourless Chocolate Cake you will need:
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder, unsweetened
1.5 cups Almond Meal
5 ounces semi-sweet Chocolate Chips, I used dairy -free Enjoy Life Morsels
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
1/4 Raw Honey
1 large Eggs, separated
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Lightly spray loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
- on stove top (I’m not a fan of microwaves) on very low heat melt chocolate chips. If you want add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Keep stirring while the chocolate
- chips are melting. It only takes a few minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In a bowl add cocoa powder, almond meal, maple syrup, honey and eggs. Mix it all with electric mixer until smooth
- in a different bowl whisk using an electric mixer mix egg whites until frothy
- Add melted chocolate to bowl with almond meal and work chocolate into almond meal batter.
- Now gently fold egg whites into chocolate mixture, folding just until incorporated each time
- scrape batter into pan and top with chopped walnuts
- bake cake for about 45 minutes or until inserted toothpick into center comes out clean.
- Let cake cool in pan for about 15 minutes before taking it out. It’s a very delicate cake!
Welcome to Sunday Fitness & Food Link-Up!
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!
Thank You everyone who is stopping and linking up!
Before linking-up here are a few rules!
- 3 posts per blogger
- try to link back to the party
- we reserve the right to share your linked up posts on Social Media
- visit 2 other blogs and leave a nice comment. It really helps our little community!
- Have fun and get inspired!