-I found the idea for this Cupcake Liner Owl Craft at Happy Hooligans. It’s a wonderful crafty site for kids. Make sure you check it out!
This is such an adorable craft idea and it’s very easy for your toddler to follow the instructions with you.
Here is what you need:
craft paper for the base ( It should a bit sturdy) either dark blue or black
Felt, yellow and green ( you can pre-cut sun, moon, stars and leaves since these shapes could be a bit difficult for a little child to cut out)
Optional: Glittery sticks and pom-poms (that represent berries (my son’s idea:) )
1) Glue the sticks that resemble the branches onto the cardboard.
2) Flatten the cupcake liner out. Make sure the inside of the liner is the side facing up and the pattern of the cupcake liner is facing down.
3) Fold one side of the cupcake liner over. Ankle the fold a little bit by making sure that the top of the fold is a bit wider than the bottom. Repeat the same on the other side.
4) Now flip the top part, the wider part of the folded cupcake liner over. You can tell it does resemble an owl shape already at this point.
5) Glue the back of the paper shapes on to you cardboard. Add some glue underneath the folds, too.
6) Glue the eyes and beaks onto the owls’ faces
7) We added the stars and moon to resemble the Night Time and added some golden and black glitter dust for some nighttime magic.
Tip: You can also easily cut out the branches from craft paper. This cupcake liner owl craft makes such a sweet decoration for any Nursery or Toddler Room.