Coconut Milk Chocolate Pudding is a great classic dessert. It’s too easy to love! I make it on regular basis for my kids and it really is a great treat.
It was time for me to think about a chocolate pudding that fits my gluten-free lifestyle, one preferably without any refined sugars.
This vegan gluten-free coconut milk chocolate pudding is just as easy to make from scratch as any regular chocolate pudding.
The coconut milk and cream really underline the chocolatey taste and the coconut sugar gives it the right amount of “grown-up”sweetness.
I found myself last night finishing one of the jars in the fridge. Chocolate desserts taste so much better late at night, don’t they?
If you have a craving for something chocolatey this really hits the spot and it has so much less guilt to it.
I added some coconut cream to this recipe because the smoothness of the coconut cream makes this chocolate pudding heavenly decadent
Here is what yo need:
2 cups of Coconut Milk
2 tablespoons of Coconut Cream
1/4 cup of Cocoa
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar or Pure Maple Syrup
1/2 cup Coconut Milk and 3 tablespoons of Organic Cornstarch (really try to make this one organic!)
- in a saucepan heat coconut milk, coconut cream, cocoa and coconut sugar
- in a small bowl whisk together 1/2 cup of coconut milk and corn starch until smooth
- keep stirring coconut milk and cocoa mixture on the stove until it comes to a boil
- take saucepan off the heat and quickly stir in cornstarch mixture and keep whisking
- return sauce pan to low heat and whisk for about 1 1/2 – 2 minutes
- pour pudding into bowls or jars with a lid and let it cool down ( I like cooling my pudding in the fridge)
Tip: if you do prefer your pudding without the skin that forms after pudding cooled down then pour your pudding into a jar with a matching lid and close it tightly. That way the top of your pudding will stay smooth. Another trick is to wrap plastic tightly over the bowl or jar, preventing the milk in the pudding from drying out.