If you enjoy regular flour breaded chicken I’m sure you will enjoy coconut crusted chicken. It is so much more nutritious and healthier than the regular flour breaded kind. It is gluten-free and paleo friendly and not to forget, super delicious! The coconut crust gives the chicken a great crunchy taste on the outside and a soft tender taste on the inside.
Coconut crusted chicken strips are so tasty that they are pretty much satisfying all on their own, or with a simple small side salad.
The crunchiness of these chicken strips will even get the approval stamp from your kids. It is amazing how good gluten-free chicken strips taste. My kids prefer them over the regular batter ones. Not that they would know the difference or even care, but simply by taste!
Dipped in a tasty Paleo-friendly BBQ Sauce or Honey Mustard they simply rock! Try serving them at your next party – I bet people will be astouned at how amazing they are! The fact that they are gluten-free make them much more easily digestible.
I cook my coconut crusted chicken strips in avocado oil, simply because it has a very high tolerance to heat, but I also use coconut oil if I do not have avocado oil on hand. Frying them in coconut oil gives them the extra tropical taste and feel. Yum, so good!
If you want to save some extra calories, simply bake them in the oven. Another great thing about these coconut crusted chicken strips is that they even taste great cold. Any left overs taste wonderful on top of a salad the next day.
When I have left overs of any type of food I make sure that they are covered in the fridge, either by plastic wrap or any other lid cover. That way the chicken strips do not dry out, and remain fresh tasting and juicy.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon coconut milk
- salt and pepper
- oil for frying, coconut oil, peanut oil or avocado oil
- if you prefer to bake your chicken strips preheat oven to 400 degrees if you fry them skip this step
- wash chicken breast and dry with a paper towel
- on a cutting board, cut chicken breast into strips
- mix coconut flour and coconut flakes in one bowl and whisk egg and coconut milk in another bowl
- start heating oil in frying pan on medium temperature
- start by dipping chicken breast in egg mixture first and then coating them with the coconut flour mixture
- place them in frying pan and fry them until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
Serve with a Salad or Basmati Rice!
So off to our Party we are!
Welcome to Sunday Fitness & Food link-Up!
Thank You so much to everyone linking-up last week.
I cannot tell you how much I loved so many of your wonderful and healthy recipe creations! Angela and me decided to let you guys know who was the most clicked and which one was our favorite feature of the week!
The most clicked post was:
Crispy Baked Cauliflower Steaks by The Whole Serving!