I can’t believe how long it took me to give chia pudding a try. I guess, it is the same with everything that is new and trendy. It sometimes takes us a bit to get used to something new. However, now that I have tried it a few weeks ago, I’m absolutely hooked. Most of all, I can’t believe how easy it is to make.
I think making scrambled egg takes more cooking skills!
The health benefits that come from chia seeds are simply astounding.
There really is no excuse not to incorporate this Superfood of all Superfoods into your daily diet.
Health Benefits of these little wonders include
- chia seeds are an excellent source of vegetarian Omega 3s, 2 tbsp provide 4 grams of Omega 3s. Enough said.
- chia seeds are a source of complete high protein. You can definitely sense an up in your energy levels when eating chia seeds, due to their high quality protein
- high fiber content! When I say high, than I mean it’s really outstanding. 2 tbsp provide 8g of fiber (!)
- almost all carbs in chia seeds come from fiber!
- great source of antioxidants
- helps to balance blood sugar
- helps you to lose weight. Chia seeds fill you up with only a few calories.
- you can replace the butter and eggs in your baking with chia seeds. ( Yes, it really does work)
Here is what you need:
1 cup of almond milk or coconut milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/2 tsp raw honey ( I like mine a tad sweet, so it really satifies my sweet tooth)
tsp coconut flakes
optional: Cinnamon, mhh! :):)
In a Mason jar, or any other jar that has a lid, pour in almond milk, add chia seeds and honey
Close lid tightly and gently shake jar with the ingredients for a few seconds
Place in fridge for at least 2-3 hours, I leave mine overnight.
Top with berries and coconut
Take a spoon.
and Enjoy! Yum!
Why have I waited for this so long?
Tip: It’s really important to let the seeds soak up all the moisture from the liquid before eating them. Otherwise, chia seeds that have not been pre-soaked will soak up the fluids in the intestines, which can lead to dehydration.
Vegan, Raw, Gluten-Free and no refined sugars – only the Good Stuff! 🙂