Love me some homemade Cherry Cashew Energy bites!
These bites must surely remind you of some famous brand bars and bites that are commercially available.
Here is the secret: This homemade version is even better, even yummier and cheaper!
Energy bars and bites are one of the best and fastest way to quickly nourish and re-energize your body. I’m a huge fan of simple bars with few and highly nutritious ingredients and no refined sugar. I most of the time always have one in my bag, just in case I get hungry.
Energy bars that you keep your blood sugar stable without sending it into a tail-spin.
This cherry cashew energy bites recipe is very simple to follow. No-fuss simple ingredients and instructions.
The list of ingredients is super short and having a stack of these at home in an airtight container inside your fridge makes healthy snacking super convenient!
Dried cherries are great for inflammation ( hello runners!) and provide you with necessary energy. Their sweet taste is perfect to curb any sweet afternoon cravings. The healthy and nutritious goodness of dates and cashews make these bites a nourishing well rounded snack idea!
So here is how it goes.
I promised you it’s all too simple and easy.
makes about 15 balls
Dates, 20 no pre-soaking necessary
Cashews, unsalted roasted or raw, 1 cup
Dried Cherries, 1/2 cup
You can add all the ingredients in a food processor all at once and pulse until everything is blended.
- I usually add my cashews first and pulse them until they are pretty fine and small. Take them out of the food processor and set them aside.
- Now place dates in the food processor and process until dates form a paste.
- Add cherries and keep pulsing until cherries are processed into the paste.
- Last add cashews and pulse it only a few times. Only a few times until cashews are blended into the paste.
- Don’t over mix!
- Take mixture out of the processor.
- Shape date mixture into balls.
Tip: I keep my Cherry Cashew Energy Bites in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
They never last this long though …